A Candle is not just for Christmas – Competition 2

melt-comp-scented-candles

Many thanks to all of you who took the time to join in our first #acandleisnotjustforchristmas competition. Mostly it was just fun – although clearly a little more thought provoking for some. But your responses made us realise that fragrance is as important to you as it is to us!

As it is now March (can you believe that?) – and with Mother’s Day just around the corner we thought the timing was right to announce our second competition in the series. The winner will receive a hamper of their favourite candles worth £135!

This time we’d like you to tell us two things:

1.     The best piece of advice your mother ever gave you… ( We’re smiling already…)

2.     If your mother was a fragrance, what would she be and why?

Please post your comments at the bottom of this blog post.

The winner will be selected by the melt team on Monday 24th March and announced on the blog – the winner will receive their hamper just in time for Mother’s Day on Sunday 30th March.

156 responses to “A Candle is not just for Christmas – Competition 2”

1. karen berry says:

Go with your gut feeling
    Home made rice pudding

2. Melt says:

Hi there Karen, many thanks for starting off the competition.
    Your mum “smells” lovely! have a lovely weekend…kind regards meltx

3. Lin Young says:

socks and undies to be changed every day – just in case you get run over
    If my mum was a perfume she would have been Eternity as she was always there for me

4. Melt says:

awww Lin…that’s brilliant! We completely forgot about that one…and what a lovely fragrance too. many thanks meltx

5. Jane Willis says:

“Whatever you’ve been doing and whoever you’ve been doing it with, never EVER go to bed with your make up on”. Half a century later my skin’s still great thanks to her advice.
    If she was one of your fragrances she would be Ginger and bergamot, because now she’s very old there’s little she can do all day but drink Earl Grey tea and dunk ginger nuts in it!

6. She used to always tell other mothers to ‘Let children figure out the solution, don’t always give it to them’ and I actually find myself doing this now with my children too.

My mum would probably be something subtle with a touch of a herbal, relaxing flavour. Something like your Still range.

7. Melt says:

Morning Jane, great advice from your mum…and what a civilized way to spend your twilight years!many thanks meltx

8. Melt says:

Morning Michaela,…wise words indeed. Bet her mum told her that too, it’s lovely what we pass down through the years….have a lovely weekend.meltx

9. Thank you. Yeah, she said that her foster-mum always said it to her and it seemed to fit well 🙂

10. Mrs Diane Darby says:

It’s not what you say but how you say it, so think before you speak .I’m not sure about her thinking because we are as different as night and day !!!.
    Mint ,like a stick of Rock ,Mum all the way through .As children we love it as adults we think of our teeth……A little but not often is enough !!!

11. Melt says:

Hi there Diane,…of course and how true! Love the thought of your mum being like a stick of rock too……meltx

12. Jennifer Gillies says:

“And this too shall pass.” I can not count the number of times I have heard her voice in my heart saying that when things felt overwhelming or impossible. And she was right. Nothing stays the same forever. It is hard to see that when we are in the middle of it, but her words have brought me comfort and encouragement in the face of many challenges.

I know this one sounds crazy… but… baby ducks! My mum loved the perfume “Beautiful” and on her it always smelled different than it does straight from the bottle. I could never quite think of what it reminded me of, besides baby ducks, not that I have ever smelled baby ducks! But it is such a unique smell to me, one only she will ever have. Not sure that was the effect she was going for, but it made her smell cute and fluffy! 😀 Not sure you carry the fluffy baby duck scent?? 😀 xx

13. Mrs Diane Darby says:

Em! my mum may not smell like Eternity ! but the little and often ,feels like it .
    That said ,we all need our mum .x

14. Melt says:

Hi Jennifer….how we all need someone to say this to us and remind us that all will be well.e
    And as for the fragrance…w now have an adorable picture of your mum in our mind…as you say cute and fluffy ( but hopefully not yellow!) many thanks…meltx

15. boomboom says:

Best piece of advice? “Never wear a mini skirt with those legs.” Sad, but true,we don’t know where my strange legs came from, definitely not my mum or Grandma…. maybe my Uncle Bob?.

My mum’s favourite flower is the freesia but her favourite perfumes have always been strong scents, from Opium in her youth to Tom Ford tobacco vanille at the moment. I suppose you could say she’s fun and fresh with a dark sense of humour.

16. Becky Elford says:

“Stop caring about what others think about you, because once you do so, only then will you be able enjoy your life”. My mam likes an array of scents, but her favourites are strawberry and vanilla 🙂

17. Melt says:

Only a mum can be THAT honest…..she sounds delightful. Many thanks for making us smile…

18. Melt says:

Thanks Becky……tough one to acheive….but true! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. meltx

19. Lauren Spear says:

Children are supposed to be muddy, it shows they’re having fun 🙂
    Mum did a lot of washing when we were little!
    If mum was a scent she would be the smell of a real wood fire, warm and comforting.
    Making you feel at home 🙂

20. ellie_meehan says:

“Don’t buy what you can’t afford………….& if you MUST have plastic clear the balance every month!”

Mum shared these words of wisdom with us all as we left for college, got our first jobs, flats etc
    It’s a habit I followed & I still do exactly that, to this day

I passed the same advice on to my daughters & it’s as relevant now as it was when it was dispensed to us way back in the 70’s

Mum’s an avid gardener & from being small kids we were always encouraged to help her…..digging, planting, pulling up weeds?
    We all had our own little plot in the garden where we could plant bulbs, seeds, herbs etc…………so if she was a fragrance it would be a blend of earthy, herbal & floral smells………her favourite is carnation

21. Tracey says:

Blimey, not sure if i can think of any particular piece of advice, as my mum has always been a more “learn by your mistakes” kind of person, rather than a pearl of wisdom giver. She has always been there for me through thick and thin, couldn’t ask for more.
    If my beautiful mum was a fragrance, i’d think the smell after the rain – such a comforting smell, just like her comforting hugs.

22. Jude Holliday says:

Do what you enjoy and makes you happy. Um the smell would be towelling dressing gown!

23. Melt says:

Ahhhh….love this Lauren, sensible and fun all at the same time! And the smell of warm logs has to be one of the very best, & why we created our Nutmeg & Vetiver fragrance. Thank you meltx

24. Melt says:

Hi there Ellie, thank you so much for “sharing” your mum with us. Solid advice so she had to be a gardener! Carnation is beautiful….we are working on a new range of flower oils and Carnation is one on the list! Meltx

25. Melt says:

Good for mum…although it must take some real strength to actually administer. Re the “after rain” fragrance…it’s one that perfumers try and bottle but never have! It’s beautiful and reminds you that everything passes and starts anew….lovely. Meltx

26. Melt says:

Hi Jude, thanks so much for this…it’s what every mum should say! And the “towelling dressing gown” fragrance says it all really; soft, warm, snugly. Meltx

27. Mundeep Schmitz says:

There is nothing there you can’t do. My mum would be the smell of roses – just like her much loved roses in the garden.

28. Elspeth Fowler says:

Always to wear clean underwear in case you get hit by a bus! She would be Chanel No 5 as it’s classy and sweet and sophisticated.

29. Anna says:

Be the best version of yourself you can be. A roast because she is always cooking and is a jolly good cook

30. Sharon Brett says:

When my Mum used to say “If you want my advice…….!” It didn’t matter if you wanted it or not,you got the advice!
    My mother’s fragrance would be Lilac;I could never pronounce this as a child and she would constantly ask me to name the lilac flowers in front of my friends!

31. Eramys Pepper says:

My mum has never really given me any advice! She’d be the scent of chocolate 🙂

32. barbara daniels says:

white musk because she is distinctive

33. Rosalind Sargent says:

best advise my mum told me was to be my self and to be proud of who I am, Eternity is the fragrance I would name Why? because she is in my heart forever from here to Eternity

34. Laura Mackinnon says:

My mum always said enthusiasm will get you everywhere in life (so true), the flower I would choose would be orchid because she’s strong ( orchid strong smelling)

35. Fiona says:

Best advice my mother gave me was to control my budgeting by jotting down outgoings each week. The fragrance would be something cheerful and uplifting like: Sunflowers & rose

36. FawcettSA says:

Travel as much as you can, as far as you can, as long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.
    As for a fragrance, I always remember the smell of warm homemade ginger biscuits straight from the oven as a little girl, so every time I smell ginger it makes me think of my mum

37. paul says:

Don’t put off what you can do today until tomorrow .
    Stewed tea would be her smell as she always had a pot on the go

38. Kirsten Stewart says:

1. What’s for you won’t go by you!
    2. Coco Mademoiselle

39. Lisa Everaert says:

1 – Dont ask me, destiny picks your path for you.
    2 – Lavender – when i was a child she always used a sprig of lavender in her closet. Always remember that smell.

40. Nicola BIven says:

If it feels wrong it probably is wrong and she would be Marc Jacobs Dotty, because well…. she is completely nuts and I love her to bits !

41. Charlotte Fletcher says:

1. ‘As long as you try your very best nothing else matters’ true too form, mother knew best.
    2. She would be cinnamon, a smell that instantly reminds me of her and Christmas. I’ve never known anyone put so much effort into Christmas, so any Christmas scent!

42. julie kenny says:

Never run after a man or a bus …there is always another one on its way! Lavender would be the scent – sweet traditional yet strong x

43. julie says:

Do it right the first time. And my mum would be something lemony light refreshing and good at cleaning

44. Kez says:

1. Always be yourself
    2. Lavender – always in the room to help me sleep!!

45. paulineppp says:

Never a borrower or a lender be,,, and my mum would be orange… sharp and times but good for me 🙂

46. Kimberley Louise says:

Don’t put things down, put them away! And my mums scent would be home made apple pie, warm, comforting and familiar x

47. Heather Jenkinson says:

Go with your gut feeling would be what she would say to me.
    Her scent would be baby powder and Sunday Roast Dinners! 🙂

48. Deborah Williams says:

1. Never pass up the chance to use the bathroom or have a drink if you don’t know when you’ll next get the chance!
    2. Lavender: gentle and comforting 🙂

49. Kat Lucas says:

Best advice was to know your own mind and as for fragrance, I would say Almonds as she is a complete nut

50. kevin creasey says:

Never trust a man who’s eyebrows meet in the middle!
    4711 Eau De Cologne is my mum’s favourite scent so this is what reminds me of her as I remember buying it for her for birthdays and christmases when I was younger.

51. salsquiggle says:

Fools jump in where angels fear to tread.
    Lavender, old fashioned but soothing.

52. Tammy Tudor says:

have patience, work hard because rome wasn’t built in a day
    roses, beautiful, sweet

53. Danielle says:

My mum always used to say “do as I say, not as I do” haha but as I’ve grown up it has been more “learn from our mistakes”.
    She would be a lily scented perfume as she always buys lilies to brighten up the house

54. CatP says:

“no-one can know everything about everything” – not that I’ve ever listened, and still keep trying to learn more about more things!

She would be a freesia perfume – her favourite flowers.

55. jillwebb says:

Listen to every thing and use whats best for YOU
    She loves lavender oil as well as plants

56. Amy Robson says:

Best advice was she always said remember Mothers are always right, & she always was, now I use that philosophy with my daughter. If my Mum was a fragrance she would be Vanillia as shes soft & Sweet 🙂

57. Conrad Edwards says:

1. You only get one life so don’t waste it
    2. freshly cooked cake as she was always baking

58. Cecelia Allen says:

1) If you can’t say anything nice, say nothing at all
    2) Violets – Every mothers day I gave her a bunch of violets & every Christmas I had a bottle of Soir de Paris in my stocking. We had a best tea set which was cream colour with violets. Every time I smell violets I can visualise my Dear mum

59. Kerry Dobson says:

1. Treat others how you would expect to be treated yourself.
    2. Roses – everyone knows that every day the sun will rise in the sky and roses will never fail to bloom – my mum is as reliable too!! x

60. Louise O'Carroll says:

Best piece of advice my Mum gave me was when I was feeling low one day, how do you know when you’re happy unless you feel down every now and again?
    My Mum would smell like Vanilla, its a trust worthy, comforting fragrance that no-one could find offensive, also reminds me of my childhood, ice cream, tiny tears doll and my grandparents house.

61. Emma Nixon says:

1. Respect others. treat them the way you would expect to be treated…
    2. Ck one summer. She is bright n breezy and always cheerful and loves summer

62. Marina says:

My mum always said ‘ for every negative, there is ALWAYS a positive, you just have to change you mind approach. That was her advice and it is always true!
    If she’d been a fragrance, it would be Sunday dinner gravy because that’s what her house smelled of and my children and I loved it as soon as we opened the door to her house.
    (It’s 10 years on March 17th since she died, so I will be lighting a few candles for her on that day)

63. Leah Wheatley says:

The best advice my mum gave me was you go fortit girl and don’t give up!
    If my mum was a fragrance it would be cool water for women as she is a cool number and takes no rubbish from anyone.

64. Lauren Baldwinson says:

1. If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours 😀
    2. Spiced cinnamon – reminds me of a cosy Christmas with lots of smiles and good food and wine!

65. Sarah Wyatt says:

1. They fly not high who fear to fall.
    2. Elizabeth Arden’s Sunflowers – she used to wear it when I was young and sunflowers are her favourite flowers.

66. Eva Trelfa says:

My mum taught me everything happens for a reason. If one door shuts another opens 🙂
    My mum would smell of vanilla.its comforting and gorgeous and a motherly scent x

67. jojones says:

My Mum always said ‘If someone hasn’t got a smile share one of yours!’ Try it, and there is nothing nicer than a spontaneous smile to brighten your day & make you feel better. The fragrance would be the aroma of baking cakes as she has made some wonderful cakes, including my wedding cake.

68. Kirstie Mse Kit says:

My mum told me to ignore the exciting man and stick with the stable one; of course I ignored her!
    My mum would be a lavender fragrance. Both of our favourite colours is purple, her birthstone is amethyst and lavender is such a comforting smell.

69. Christine Burton says:

MY MUM ALWAYS SAID LOVE YOUR FELLOW MEN AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF

70. lindsay chadburn says:

sleep when your baby sleeps, i would have went crazy otherwise.

71. Christine Northrop says:

my mum always said never to go to bed on an argument so make up before you sleep and she would be something like Vera Wang’s perfume Lovestruck, light, happy and flowery

72. Helen Bradd Thurston says:

I learnt never be afraid of following your heart – nothing worse than wondering ‘what if’ and if you strongly feel something trust your intuition. If she were a scent she’d be something like frankinscence, rare, precious and healing x

73. Stephanie Whitehouse, says:

Keep going, and then keep going.
    She’d be strawberry – you can’t have too many

74. Kathy Cakebread says:

life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you’re gonna get. Calvin klein eternity a everlasting fragrance

75. Helen Grayson says:

1. You can achieve anything if you put your mind to it (I never believed her until later!)
    2. Vanilla – soothing and liked by everyone!

76. Blake Ahearne says:

1) don’t eat mud
    2) strawberry – sweet

77. Vicky Probert says:

1) Don’t save too many things for best – enjoy things now
    2) Kenzo Jungle – it has been her favourite perfume for as long as I can remember, its a beautiful scent

78. LyndaJ213 says:

Don’t worry today about what might not happen tomorrow (sounds confusing but I got what she meant)
    Daffodil my Mom always brought me a bunch as soon as they came into the shops, to celebrate spring, miss her very much

79. India Golding says:

1) Never say ‘i love you’ unless you mean it.
    2) Channel No 5 – it’s the scent i associate her with.

80. daisybeebee says:

1) My mum’s favourite saying is “There but for the grace of God go I “, never look down on people and always help when you can because you never know when it may be you.
    2) My Mom would be apple and cinnamon because she is always baking.

81. Rebecca Shuker says:

advice: always open bags of sugar and flour over the sink so the bit in the fold doesn’t go everywhere!!
    fragrance: freshly washed linen as I love it when mum puts the washing on the radiators and fills the house with the gorgeous fabric softener smell 🙂 x

82. Max Amos says:

1. Stop touching it, it will drop off!
    2. Apple and cinnamon, her apple pie is the best.

83. Melt says:

Thanks Mundeep…wise words indeed. meltx

84. Melt says:

Hi Elspeth….we must all have had the same mother! Love Chanel no 5…iconic!

85. Melt says:

Hi Anna, Warm, wise words….lovely. Many thanks meltx

86. Melt says:

Hi Sharon…only Mum’s could get away with this! Thanks for taking the time to enter, meltx

87. Melt says:

Eramys…she’s either VERY wise, or VERY laid back – or both! Chocolate is good…meltx

88. Melt says:

Thanks Barbara…meltx

89. Melt says:

Love this Rosalind….just lovely! Many thanks meltx

90. Melt says:

Hi Laura…very true indeed! And Orchids survive against all odds…so think strong is good!

91. Melt says:

perfect Fiona…and very practical! Sunflowers….lovely! meltx

92. Melt says:

Love this – but how unusual too! & we LOVE ginger….many thanks meltx

93. Melt says:

yep…one of the best pieces of advice! Not sure about the stewed tea…but like the idea!

94. Melt says:

Just perfect Kirsten. many thanks…meltx

95. Melt says:

Thanks Lisa..a great way for getting you to make up your own mind we think! many thanks…meltx

96. Melt says:

A mothers instinct. Lovely comment nicola…many thanks meltx

97. Melt says:

Lovely Charlotte! we hope you’ve inherited her Christmasness:) many thanks meltx

98. Melt says:

ahhh a few of us in the office remember this one – and how true! Lovely Lavender too…many thanks meltx

99. Eramys Pepper says:

She’s very laid back, she used to be a hippy 😀

100. Harriet Davies says:

1. How do make a gin and tonic!
    2. Mimosa

101. Louise Smith says:

Treat others how you would like them to treat you.
    Freesia as they were her favourite flowers.

102. Katharine Heald says:

Kindness is the greatest quality you can possess.
    Apple and rhubarb crumble with a hint of the blush candle, reminds me of her baking and is the scent of coming home.

103. Helen Allan says:

My mother’s best advice was to say ‘never let anyone make you feel bad about yourself’ and ‘smile’. I my mother was a fragrance I would like her to be forget-me-nots because she has dementia. <3

104. Rosa slater says:

If my mother was a fragrance, it would be Armani diamond because she’s my diamond 🙂 and the best advice she has given me is never trust a man with bad shoes ! Xx

105. Lucy slater says:

..”do the best that you can do ”
    If my mother was a fragrance it would be bergamot because it’s her fav x

106. DanielleGraves says:

use the beef juices from your roast to make the perfect gravy

107. Ana Arede says:

“If you do something, it has to be because you truly want to, without expecting anything in return.”
    If she were a fragrance it would be something citrusy and floral with an underlying hint of disinfectant since she is a nurse.

108. Faye Huntington says:

”nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission” – my mum would be Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme because she’s confident, bold and unapologetically outgoing! with love, faye xx

109. Steph Trimby says:

Its not just the advice my mum gave me, its what she showed me! She showed me to always make the best of myself. Never did I ever see my mum leave the house without her make up and perfectly styled hair. The house was always immaculate but unique and comfortable. Her personality and beauty imprints on everything and everyone! Ive grown to hopefully do the same.
    if my mum were a fragrance she would be fresh tulips. Not only are they beautiful, bold, sweet smelling, they make the world and home a better place!

110. Elizabeth Gurney says:

As long as someone is kind then that is someone you want to know. And she’s so right! That advice has also made me a better a person and has reminded me to always show kindness to others.

She’d be vanilla as I find it so comforting, like her x

111. Solange says:

My mother’s best advice was ‘always aim high and never give up.’ If she was a fragrance she would be lavender because she has is soothing, gentle and kind.

112. Dee says:

Best advice was to always save for things that I wanted. If I still wanted them by the time I saved then they were worth having and not an passing impulse. If she were a fragrance she’d be bergamot, because she lifts my mood and she’s a little bit fruity,

113. Lesley Walsh says:

The best advice my mother gave me was to wear sunscreen and a hat in the sun, to slowdown the aging process – it works!!!. If she was a fragrance it would be roses and freesias.

114. Chantel says:

1. “Trust your instincts” is one of a few good pieces of advice she gave me & 2. Eucalyptus – a soothing fragrance for when you’re feeling at your worst!

115. Louise says:

If you haven’t got anything good to say about a person, don’t say anything at all. I would choose the fragrance of Lilly of the valley for my mum as she is small in stature, but strong and courageous. Her presence lights up the room.

116. jo price says:

Always sort your laundry into whites and darks,never mix them in machine otherwise you will have chewing gum coloured laundry.my mother would be the fragrance of sweet peas as her late father used to grow them and she always had them in the house when he was alive.

117. Pip Lishman says:

‘Try everything once, no regrets, we learn from every mistake. Our foibles make us stringer and who we are today. Wake up every morning smiling to a new day’.
    Fragrance – something zesty and full of life – a fresh start every morning 🙂

118. Jennie Jackson Mse says:

“make your own mistakes” and she smells like pear drops! sweet and comforting

119. Paul Lewis says:

“Learn how to tie your shoe laces” unfortunately my Mother passed away while I was very young. Her fragrance would be of Roses. We had some in our garden and she loved to smell them.

120. sherri fordham says:

advice- never go to sleep on an argument.

fragrance- butterscotch because its yummy, comforting,warming and smells great

121. Charlotte Green says:

Advice: There are seven days in the week and ‘someday’ isn’t one of them! 🙂
    Fragrance: Lavender – a little old-fashioned but always classic and comforting – just like my mum 🙂

122. alison clark says:

Think about it first – I wish id have listened to her, Clinique aromatics its her favourite and you dont smell it often so when i do it always reminds me of her.

123. Ruth Grover says:

Esther Lauder. Youth Dew as her favourite. Best ever advice, don’t ever let anyone’s advice change your head when your heart is telling you what to do !

124. Julia Marsh says:

My mum told me to be me. My mum would be a fresh, zetsy fragrance as she is fully of life!

125. gfa01 says:

Always do your best.
    Fragrance – Lavender: sweet but astringent at the same time.

126. daisyduck says:

Mum said I should never sit on a cold stone step or I would get “the pip” .. never did know what that was 😉

127. Shelley J Stevenson says:

to always stand my ground and dont let anyone walk over me…and she would be vanilla

128. christine clarke says:

never take anything or anyone for granted – she would be a rose

129. Kelly says:

Always save for a rainy day, she would be something strong and bold with gentle undertones

130. Deb J says:

treat others how you would like to be treated -she would be Rose – pretty and loved by all

131. Katherine Coldicott says:

Take care of the pennies & the pounds will take care of themselves. My mother would be Cinnamon as that’s what her kitchen always smells of & she loves baking.

132. melanie crumpton says:

always to forgive and she always wears Jo Malone

133. Rebecca D says:

My mum always says don’t ever pick a grey hair or 5 will come to the funeral, always makes me laugh, if she was a frgrance she would be rose, sweet and strong! 🙂

134. sarah eastham says:

Always hang jeans upside down on the line 😀

My mum should smell like cookies – everyone loves cookies

135. Kristy Leanne Brown says:

To use a little egg white prior to putting makeup on under the eyes to reduce puffiness and get rid of fine lines

My mum would be a floral burst of fragrance!

136. AliThorpe says:

The best piece of advice was to take risks; it’s easier to live with an “oh well” than a “what if?”.

My mum would be a fresh, “green” fragrance with white musk, vetiver, lavender, geranium and a touch of bergamot as she is always gardening and she loves the sun and holidays so these are the fragrances which spring to mind for me.

137. Alix Johnson says:

Friends before fellas.

My mum would be a sweet, nutty fragrance because she is very sweet and ever so slightly nuts.

138. Jamie says:

Treat others how you want to be treated, no matter how bad they treat you!

And something like cinnamon as it spices anything up 🙂

139. Paula Harvey says:

Live each day like its your last.
    Something lavendar based – making sure I always have a clear head!

140. sarah mills says:

LOVE LIFE AND LOVE YOURSELF! SHE WOULD BE HUGO BOSS RED BECAUSE SHE IS THE BOSS!

141. Sj Wesley says:

Mom’s are ALWAYS right! Marc Jacobs – Daisy because she’s beautiful 🙂

142. Lesley Bain says:

Never accept anything less than the best 🙂 Chanel No. 5 because she is classy and beautiful x

143. Ruth Hedges says:

To treat yourself with kindness – her favourite fragrance is Beautiful by Estée Lauder because that’s what she is Beautiful! x

144. sarahfleck says:

less is more and as long as your loo is clean in the house you can be forgiven for having a bad day if the rest is a mess. – for a fragrance she would be something sweet but a bit fruity just like her

145. shirleyharpley says:

My Mum told me to always believe in myself, as I was a bit lacking in confidence. She would be lily of the valley, fresh and cheerful.

146. Michelle Hughes says:

Always Trust your instinct. She would be lemon as shes turning into a bitter woman lately x

147. Mikey Delgrosso says:

Help others when they need it, think of them first.

2. – She would be Cool Waters women by Davidoff… because she is mighty cool.

148. Fred_Baron says:

1. A trouble shared is a trouble halved.

2. My Mother would be Chanel No.5, because she’s effortlessly chic and classy 🙂

149. c5ryl says:

My Mum always taught me to buy clothes to suit my figure, not the latest fashion fad. She would be Chanel No 5, classy, effortless and timeless

150. Singers says:

Never go to sleep on an argument. As for the smell; a mixture of a wisp of Elnett and a smidge of Nivea Creme (the one in the blue pot), her beauty mainstays.

151. ♫ Alison M ♪ says:

Its better in the waste than on the waist! She would be lily of the valley mixed with baking because she was always cooking and it was her favourite perfume

152. Claire Hildreth says:

Without needlessly hurting others, do whatever you need to do to be happy. She would be neroli. Classic, complex and utterly unique.

153. Sonikmummy says:

Advice: always wear knickers to bed – u never kno when your house might be on fire and you have to climb down a ladder, in your nightie! Smell – lily of the valley, the perfume mum wore when I was young.

154. Sara Heckles says:

Always treat others the way you’d like to be treated yourself. And her scent is of summer, sun protection lotion and sunshine 🙂

155. Kirsty KJaybaby Caffrey says:

Best piece of advise ….to follow my heart and do what I want to do, not what I think everyone else expects me to do!

If my mum was a fragrance she would be daffodil – bright, sunny, cheerful, beautifully fragranced and always makes you smile x

156. Melt says:

how very true….meltx

© 2017. Melt is the trading name of The Cheeky Monkey Company Ltd, Company Registration No. 3799213, Registered in England.