Whether you’re a lavender purist or like to sweeten things up with fruity flavours, your choice of scent can say a lot about you and your personality. In today’s blog we’ll be getting right into the nitty gritty about the meanings behind the scents of our luxury scented candles here at Melt, and pulling the curtain back on just what your favourite scents reveal about you!
We’ve always been fond of the great outdoors here at Melt – it’s impossible not to be in the captivating surroundings of the Ribble Valley! Florals have always been known throughout the human and animal kingdom for the strong, pleasant scents they produce, so it’s perhaps no surprise that they’ve inspired the complex scents behind so many luxury handmade candles – not least of all ours here at Melt!
The beautiful scent of spring blooms is a particularly strong and definitive scent. Usually treasuring a deep connection to and love of nature, people who choose for floral-based scents are often:
- Romantic souls
- Always see the best in people
- Family oriented
- Prefer comforting and welcoming atmospheres
- Caring and kind
- Always led by the heart
If this sounds like you, you’ll be pleased to hear we’ve got plenty of florals for you to choose from at Melt. Why not add Dance scented candles to your collection? This one is a heady floral infused with lily, jasmine and gardenia, and wonderful for giving your interiors a fresh, energetic atmosphere!
There’s lots of good reasons why so many people love lavender. To sum them up – it’s all about relaxation! They’re fantastic for creating the perfect spa atmosphere at home – whether that’s because you’ve had a particularly tough day at work, or you’ve just decided to treat yourself. Soft, light and delicate, Lavender is exactly what you need to transport yourself to a place of ultimate bliss.
People who love Lavender candles often:
- Lead busy and fast-paced lifestyles, where a bit of slowing down doesn’t go amiss!
- Like to relax alone, getting a bit of time and space from the world to recharge
- Prioritise relaxation at the end of a busy day
- Like to occasionally indulge in natural, holistic remedies
You can take your pick from several soothing scents from our range here at Melt candles. If you prefer pure Lavender, then our Lavender scented candle will naturally be your first choice. But we also incorporate this gentle fragrance into several of our other luxury scented candles too, such as the tranquil White, or the even more luxurious Still. The choice is yours!
A touch of zest
Citrus scents are famous for their invigorating properties, and they’re great for adding life and soul to a party – and keeping you awake and alert when it matters most! They’re perfect if you need a bit of get-up-and-go early on those weekend mornings, or to give you a burst of energy before you zip out to work. Alternatively, a citrus scent is wonderful for helping you make the most of that afternoon sun, so you can make your interiors feel as bright and fresh as the world outdoors.
Citrus lovers tend to have:
- vibrant and bubbly personality
- An adoration of the outside – citrus lovers enjoy working or wandering in the garden, or taking in the outdoors during a leisurely walk
- An innate spontaneity, and fond of adventures
- A deep pride in their own home – lemon enthusiasts tend to have more of a perfectionist streak, seeking a perfectly clean home and crisp, clean colours like white and yellow, whereas orange lovers often like to sprawl out in their interiors, with darker and richer shades frequently on display.
We’ve got no shortage of options for citrus enthusiasts at Melt. Our Shine candles combine all the classic favourites, including grapefruit, lemon and mandarin, resulting in a great citrus scent that’s got a real zing!
Clean and fresh
Like nothing more than the scent of your freshly washed bedsheets? Chic and simple, there’s something about that uncomplicated sense of purity that appeals to all of us on a very instinctual level. And if you love nothing more than the scent of a bundle of immaculate linen, there’s a good chance that you also:
- Prefer the simpler things in life
- Appreciate stylish, minimalist surroundings
- Enjoy the peace and quiet of an empty house
- Love being snuggled up in bed as birdsong drifts through the open windows
For hours upon hours of freshness, our White scented candles are the perfect choice, with their chic, clean and crisp scent. With its elegant combination of black lavender, sweet vanilla, amber, mint and sweet musk, it’s a quintessential choice for all seasons!
Wandering in woodlands
There’s nothing quite like the natural smells of the woodland forest. Richer and more complex than the lighter florals, woodland scents have a mysterious allure all of their own, and speak to the beauty and timeless majesty of nature. They’re obvious favourites of people living in rural surroundings, but we find they’re popular in more urban areas too, as city-dwellers seek to bring themselves closer to nature. If you’re a big fan of these earthy and intriguing scents, you’re probably:
- A keen explorer
- Active and passionate about looking after the world, such as recycling and riding your bike to work
- Energetic and creative, with a keen focus on the music and the arts
Our Forest scented candle was made with you in mind. It features an enchanting blend of sandalwood, pine, oak moss, vanilla and strawberry. It’s just the sort of complex, layered experience that’s characteristic of woodland scents – we think you’ll love it!
All this is just a sample of our full range of luxury scented candles. Eden and Lily of the Valley are some of the most popular scents with our customers right now, and of course Autumn is an excellent choice for the current lazy day weather! At the time of writing (November 2020), our little shop on the farm is closed in accordance with government guidelines, but keep an eye on when we’re back open – we’re always happy to see you!