Dreaming of an effortlessly chic space? Country décor is a great choice for those looking for a stylish living space that’s both elegant and casual at the same time. You needn’t live in the countryside to adopt this look either. By adding a few simple touches and creating a country-inspired environment with our scented candles, you’ll have a country chic home in no time.
Country candles at Melt
The right scented candle is a key part of your country décor. Scented candles allow you to create an atmosphere and a vibe – so choosing the right scent can transform your space. At Melt, we have a wide range of scented candles for your home. Here are just a few of our favourites…
- Autumn Scented Candle is a great choice for the country home. With ingredients like cinnamon, nutmeg and orange it’s cosy and warm. Of course, it’s the perfect choice for the season too and the festivities that are just around the corner.
- Bring a touch of the countryside to your home with the Eden fragranced candle, one of our most loveable scents. Filled with herbs, spices and precious wood, it creates the perfect environment for any country cottage.
- If you’re looking for a feminine scent that combines all your favourite wild flowers, you’ll love Neroli & Rose Geranium scented candle. Ideal for use all year-round, this sweet scent combines ingredients from orange flower to sweet pea and freesia.
- Our Rich Cream scented candle is the perfect complement to shabby chic-inspired homes. Think country chic touches, sheepskin throws and distressed furniture. With its mix of woody, spicy and floral ingredients it manages to be elegant, sophisticated and rustic all at the same time.
- If your home has more of a rustic vibe about it, choose our Nutmeg & Vetiver scented candle. Rich and spicy, this deep, woody scent is perfect for autumn and one of our most enchanting yet.
Our other tips for country-inspired décor include:
The country-inspired home doesn’t ooze perfection; instead, it oozes character and warmth with furniture and features that tell a story. So, you can ditch those glitzy, just-out-of-the-box furnishings for something that looks a little weathered instead.
Duck egg blue, grey and mellow yellow all help to create the country chic look. Pastels are another great option for those looking for country meets shabby-chic.
Switch today’s modern kitchen design for something more traditional and farmhouse in style. Choose an AGA oven, if budget allows, opt for wood, stone and granite furnishings and keep all those modern finishes to a minimum.
Keep things natural by working with natural materials. Wooden floorboards, exposed brick walls and wooden furnishings all go.
Fresh and local
Adorn your country cottage with fresh flowers and pot your favourite herbs, placing them in your kitchen. Opt for locally-sourced goods too – from nearby markets and villages – to give your home a unique and eclectic country touch.
Don’t forget to shop our country-inspired bodycare products too! The Greenscape Organic range is one of our favourites and includes all the best bodycare products in all those dreamy country scents.
What’s your must-have county chic Melt candle? Share your favourite country-inspired scent with us over on Twitter @MeltCandles