At Melt, we love a good celebration, that’s why we’re very excited about Diwali, the next celebratory event we have marked up on the calendar. Diwali is observed on the 15th day of the month of Kartika in the Hindu calendar, which just so happens to be the 23rd October this year – very soon indeed!
So, what have we got planned for the occasion you may ask? Well, we’ll be enjoying the light shows and street performances here in Lancashire, from the locals who’ll be celebrating this wonderful festival, whilst brightening up our own homes with a candle of two of our own! But before we take a look at some of our celebratory scents for Diwali, we’ll going to explore just a few reasons behind our love of the festival…
5 things we love about Diwali
- The celebration of light. Diwali is known as the festival of lights, so there are beautiful bursts of brightness and gorgeous scents around everywhere. Lights, candles and sparklers are lit inside and outside homes.
- It’s a great excuse to look your best. Many people wear their finest clothes and the women always look stunning in their beautiful jewellery and gorgeous silk attire.
- The festival atmosphere. What’s more enjoyable than family and friends getting together to celebrate a festival with firework displays, dancing, plays and street lighting? The community spirit is amazing and the light performances really are something else.
- Family time. Diwali is the perfect time to be with family because there are so many intriguing ways to celebrate together. There’s also nothing better than the feeling you get as you exchange gifts, seeing your nearest and dearests’ faces light up with joy.
- Sweets! Let’s face it, who doesn’t like a sweet treat or three? During this five-day festival, plenty of Indian sweetmeats known as “mithai” are enjoyed. They’re particular popular amongst the youngsters -some of whom will definitely get that sickly sweet belly from overindulgence! We don’t blame them though, we still get like that every Easter and Christmas!
Even if you’re not getting involved in the religious celebrations, you can still celebrate the principles of the festival in your own home with a candle from Melt. Our favourite celebratory fragrances in the range have to be Dance, Joy and Shine, all of which add a burst of brightness and happiness to your life!
Explore our joyful fragrances
The heady floral fragrance of Dance is filled with sumptuous scents of Lily, Jasmine, Gardenia, Peach, Blackcurrant, Mandarin, Sandalwood and Musk, which together put a real spring in your step.
The sparkling, zesty, floral scent of Joy, fills a room with happiness as citrus florals, Rose, Lily and Iris fill your room.
The zingy, bright, sharp fragrance of Shine will keep your celebrations alive for hours with elements of Armoise, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot and wood florals.
Whatever your plans are this Diwali, have a wonderful time!