If you’re a regular reader of the blog – or a big fan of our scented candles – you’ll know all about the amazing benefits of essential oils. A time-tested tool for healing and relaxation, daily use of essential oils can help you to look and feel great. In today’s aromatherapy-based blog we’re showing you just how to reap the benefits of your favourite oils daily, right from the comfort of your own home.
Here are 5 beautiful ways to use aromatherapy to enhance your everyday routine:
- Immerse yourself in an aromatic bath
- Indulge in an essential oil massage
- Infuse your home with our oil based diffusers
- Kick back and relax with a luxury scented candle
- Design your own fragrance with essential oils!
Hmm, designing your own fragrance… that sounds like something worth reading on for, doesn’t it?
Treat yourself to an aromatic bath
While you might not think you’ve got time to indulge in a bath daily, you should make a 15-minute dip a priority. Unlike a quick shower, you can enhance your bath with essential oils filled with amazing properties. Not only will your bathroom smell great afterwards, your mind and body will feel great too as its nourished and relaxed by the super scents. To make your own aromatic bath add six drops of essential oils into the bathwater and enjoy!
Give yourself a 10-minute massage
As part of your skincare routine, or after bathing moisturising routine, throw in a little massage with the use of essential oils. Depending on your needs, you can use a diluted oil blend or a beauty product infused with natural oils. If you’re a gym-goer, you might want to focus on your achy legs using a deep kneading motion. A gentle face massage also goes a long way in rejuvenating a tired and dull complexion.
Invest in one of our essential oil-based diffusers
Infused with rich essential oils, our reed diffusers enable you to reap the benefits of aromatherapy on a daily basis. Giving off beautiful and beneficial fragrances, the oil-based diffusers constantly pump out their fantastic vapours without you having to do a thing. Ideal for busy mums, every whiff of our diffusers go a long way.
Pop on one of our essential oil-based candles
Our candles are rich in essential oils, featuring all your favourites like jasmine, bergamot and lavender. Lighting up your scented candle daily is perhaps one of the simplest and easiest ways to incorporate aromatherapy into your daily routine. Make it a rule that you sit back and relax with one of our fragrances for half an hour daily. No matter how hectic your day has been you deserve to take some time out to relax. Pop on your favourite TV programme, read a book, or enjoy a bath – all with your favourite Melt scent burning away in the background.
Spritz yourself with a homemade essential oil-based perfume
Forget all those designer perfumes; instead why not opt for a fragrance of your own design? Offering much more than just a sweet smell, your perfume will be full of health benefits too.
How to make your perfume:
- Choose a base oil. We recommend grape seed oil and sweet almond oil – both of which are readily available online and in good health stores. Fill three quarters of your perfume bottle with this solution.
- Choose a selection of oils to create your ideal scent and add in one drop at a time until you find your perfect blend, shaking the bottle as you go. If you don’t know much about essential oils, why not check out the ingredients in your favourite Melt scented candles and use those in your perfume?
- Spritz on your skin and enjoy!